GOD'S PROSPERITY vs MONETARY CONFUSION
Sunday, August 8, 2021, the Year of Our Lord
Pastor Carolyn Sissom
As the Lord through his Grace has spoken to me so many times in past years, I heard again this past week: Carolyn, I am taking you into another level of my prosperity.
May 2, 2011: I posted a dream. In it the Lord commissioned me to speak and declare prosperity and financial blessing to His people.
January 13, 2013: Several times over the years, I have heard from the Lord: Carolyn I am bringing you into a greater level of my prosperity.
October 21, 2018, the LORD spoke to me, Carolyn preach on money.
If we listen to the news, we hear inflation, tax increases, our national debt is 28.5 trillion and rising. Congress is voting on a 1.5 trillion-dollar spending bill and wants to add another 3.5 trillion, etc. The Lord admonished us to discern the time. Just as the COVID virus was man-made by China, a man-made financial storm is being prepared.
We cannot hide money in a sock or bury enough money to get us through what the New World Order has planned.
BUT GOD, has given the church authority and a supernatural supply for our prosperity and provision through obedience to the Word of God.
We know that during the times of judgment, the Lord has always provided a supernatural supply for the elect.
Lk. 12:35: Let your waist be girded and your lamps burning.
In 2003, David Wilkinson published, “The Vision and Beyond.” He prophesies "a time of monetary confusion and despair; with American cities declaring bankruptcy."
I read his book, “The Vision”, in the early 70’s. I remember becoming overcome with grief and a feeling of physical illness as I read and had a witness of the judgments that were to come and have already come upon our nation.
He foretold of terrorism, economic disasters, energy crisis, famine, corporate corruption, religious scandals, militant homosexuality, pleasure driven Christianity, twisted morality, drastic weather changes and earthquakes, a flood of filth, debauchery and perversion even on our television screens; hatred of parents by teens; increase in teenage alcoholism; a new sex drug would be marketed; betrayal of parents to the point of having them put to death; rebellion of preachers’ kids. The antichrist spirit will enter the hearts of certain men in high places, in government, and in the judicial system causing these officials to engage in legal maneuvers designed to harass independent churches, missionaries, and ministers.
In 1974, such things were unthinkable prophetic warnings. Sadly, in the year 2021, they now read like old news headings. He was persecuted and ridiculed when he wrote that book for being a fear monger.
The church must do warfare NOW to overcome the planned financial collapse of America.
Last week I preached Ten Commandments are weapons of warfare against the New World Order.
The Word of God holds the keys to the triumphant, overcoming church through all the tribulation which is now on the earth.
Joshua 1:8:This book of the law shall not depart out of your mouth. You shall meditate on it day and night. but you shall meditate therein day and night that you prosper wherever you; that you may make your way prosperous; you shall have good success; God will be with you wherever you go.
What is prosperity: 1 Ti. 6:6: Godliness with contentment is great gain.
Nehemiah 2:20: The God of Heaven, he will prosper us, we his servants will arise and build. God will prosper us in that which he sends us into. We must have faith in Him; not the circumstances.
Let us not be weary in well doing. If we do not cast away our confidence, our recompense will be a great reward.
It is not for the reward that we labor, but for His Glory and our love for Him, and His Kingdom. The glory of His Kingdom is more awesome that any earthly reward. Yet the glory of Heaven and our inheritance is poured upon us as we rest and live in Him and rejoice in His glory.
Our only motive can be seeking the LORD HIMSELF and His Kingdom purposes. We do not seek after prosperity or ministry, we seek Him.
2 Chr. 26:5: Uzziah, King of Israel sought God in the days of Zechariah, who had understanding in the visions of God; as long as he sought the LORD, God made him to prosper.
Because the Lord has spoken to me so many times about preaching prosperity and/or preaching on money, I conclude I have authority over money. You may look and me and say, “Well you are not rich, you don’t drive a fancy car or live in a fancy house.”
Oh yes, I am very rich.
- Financial worry or concerns are not relevant to my thought process.
- I have perfect peace concerning my future and present financial security.
- Perfect peace concerning the support of the church and/or special meetings.
- No indebtedness.
- Seeing my children and church family prosper financially, emotionally and spiritually.
- Walking in a place of wherever there is a financial need, it is met when the need presents itself.
- Good health.
- My clothes and shoes never wear out.
- My hands are always full with blessings for others.
- My bank account is never empty.
- The church’s bank account is never empty.
- Doors of favor continue to open with goodness and good will.
- My enemies are at peace with me. I don’t even know who they are.
- Goodness and mercy follow me wherever I go.
- There is nothing I have need of.
- I am happy and content in who I am in Christ Jesus.
- I have the joy of the Lord.
- I am surrounded my Godly friends and co-laborers.
- I have known and experienced earthly love and heaven’s love.
- I carry the Presence of the Lord of Glory.
A commission to preach a certain message is to do so in the authority of the one who gave the message. That means I have overcome (at least at some level): The love of money which is the root of all evil; which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows. (1 Ti. 6:10)
Throughout the Holy Bible, the Lord has spoken to His prophets to either declare prosperity; or to pronounce judgments that they would not prosper because of their sins, pride, disobedience, forgetting the Lord in the time of prosperity, etc.
When the Lord commissions anointing/authority, He sends His angel to perform it. Genesis 24:40: … The Lord before whom I walk will send His angel with you, and prosper your way.
Perhaps my authority is Gift of Faith and Gift of Wisdom.
At the Tuesday Morning Bible Study in January 2013, I was teaching in the Book of Revelation, I suddenly began to prophesy that the Lord was bringing His remnant into a greater level of prosperity.
Zech. 8:12: For the seed shall be prosperous (tsalach); the vine shall give her fruit, and the ground shall give her increase, and the heavens shall give their dew; and I will cause the remnant of this people to possess all these things.
I can testify I have overcome most of the demons which attach themselves to the love of money: To name a few: selfishness, spirit of acquiring, greed, spirit of poverty, covetness, hoarding, stinginess, fear, insecurity, etc.
Thankfully I have been a Christian and been in church most of my life; So, when I faced financial trials of my faith, I dutifully applied the Word of God and acted on that Word. The seasons I was out of the church was when I had the hardest times overcoming my fears and insecurities. The financial challenges of raising a family, pastor of a church, supporting ministers and ministries, caring for my husband, then my mother was all supplied through Gift of Faith and Gift of Miracles.
To whom much is given, much is required. Christian, do not feel put-up-on if more is required of you than your neighbor.
Luke 12:41: Who is that faithful and wise steward, whom his master will make ruler over his household, to give them their portion of food in due season. Blessed is that servant whom his master will find so doing when he comes. Truly, I say to you that he will make him ruler over all that he has. But if that servant says in his heart, ‘My master is delaying his coming,’ and begins to beat the male and female servants, and to eat and drink and be drunk, the master of that servant will come on a day when he is not looking for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in two and appoint him his portion with the unbelievers. That servant who knew his master’s will, and did not prepare himself or do according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes. He who did not know, yet committed things deserving of stripes, shall be beaten with few. For everyone to whom much is given, from him much will be required; and to whom much has been committed, of him they will ask the more.
We have been blessed with all of Heaven’s provision. Christian, more will always be required of you than the naysayers and the heathen.
Phil. 4:19: My God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
We must have the faith for not only our provision, but for others who are of “little faith.”
Heb. 11:1: Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
The majority of our congregation tithes. Tithing is a measuring stick of our faith in God and our Christian maturity. Having a giving and generous heart is a measuring stick of the love of God and our delight to be an instrument to be used by the LORD for blessing.
Prov. 11:25: The generous soul will be made rich and he who waters will also be watered himself.
Attitude toward giving is the difference in begrudging and generosity.
In Mark Gorman’s book, God’s Plan for Prosperity. Brother Gorman has presented God’s Plan for our Prosperity from the Word of God and our obedience to God.
“…most people, who love money, don’t have any. Why? Because God can’t trust them with it. They love it too much. Conversely, there are many people who have money, but don’t love it. They have proven to God that they love Him more than they love money. For that reason, He not only trusts them with money, but He makes sure they have plenty.” (M.G.)
2 Cor. 9: 7-12: Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work. As it is written: “they have freely scattered their gifts to the poor; their righteousness endures forever.” Now he who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will also supply and increase your store of seed and will enlarge the harvest of your righteousness. You will be enriched in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God. This service that you perform is not only supplying the needs of the Lord’s people but is also overflowing in many expressions of thanks to God.
“2 Cor. 9:10 says that we will be made rich in every way so we can be generous. It does not say we will be made rich so we can become poor, after giving it all away. If you give everything away, you will cease to be rich, and will no longer have the means to be generous.
Paul states that God gives the sower two things: seed to sow and bread for food. Every time God gives you something, it will consist of both of these seed to sow and bread for food. You shouldn’t eat it all, and you shouldn’t sow it all. Eat the bread and sow the seed…
When you plant a peach seed, it will produce a tree, which will then yield fruit. Many peaches will result from the one seed. This harvest not only gives you a generous supply of seeds to sow, but it also produces an abundant return of ‘bread for food.’
God has created a ‘reward system,’ which blesses the person who has a generous heart. He does not intend for us to feel obligated to give away the bounty with which He has rewarded our generosity. Nor does He want us to feel guilty for enjoying the benefits of our harvest.
Genesis 8:22: As long as the earth endures, seedtime and harvest…will never cease.
“This is one of God’s laws which is sealed in the seals of creation. When we co-operate with His laws, they work to our advantage, and in result, we are blessed.” (M.G.)
Whatever you have sown will be what you will reap. If you sow, money, time, love, peace, joy, goodness, mercy, faithfulness, then you will reap the same.
“God is a giver. If we are going to be like Him, we must be givers too. If our life emulates God, with a generous, giving heart, God rewards us by bringing greater abundance into our life.”
In Chapter 4, Gorman outlines four types of Giving in God’s plan for our prosperity:
- Tithe=obedience - the tenth of our income (Lev. 27:30; Mal. 3: 8-12). God’s word teaches us that the first ten percent of everything that comes into our hands is already God’s property, even before we receive it. Tithing is the first step towards receiving God’s abundance in your life. Tithing is not a suggestion. It is commanded by God. The Tithe is to the home church which supplies their spiritual food on a regular basis.
- Firstfruits = obedience - The second type of giving taught in the Bible is firstfruits. Of the four types of giving, only tithe and firstfruits are commanded by God. Duet. 18:4: The firstfruits of your grain and your new wine and your oil, and the first of the fleece of your sheep, you shall give him. The firstfruits is actually the first “taste” of any increase you receive, whether it is a raise, a bonus, or any other additional source of income. Historically the first yield of your crops and the first born of your herds and flocks are all considered “firstfruits” and therefore holy unto the LORD. Prov. 3: 9-10: Honor the LORD with your wealth, with the firstfruits of all your crops then your barns will be filled to overflowing, and your vats will brim over with new wine.
- Alms= sympathy - The third type of giving taught in the Bible is alms (elee mosune). By definition, this means generosity that is motivated by compassion or sympathy towards the poor (Acts 3: 2-3). Of the four types of giving taught in the bible, alms are the only one which is not given to God, but to man. Keep in mind, God is not poor and we do not need to feel sorry for Him. Therefore, we do not give alms to God – only to people. The Bible cautions us to maintain a level of secrecy regarding the giving of alms. Mt. 6:1-4: Beware of practicing your piety before others in order to be seen by them; for then you have no reward from your Father in heaven. So, whenever you give alms, do not sound a trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do… Prov. 14:21: It is a sin to despise one’s neighbors; blessed are those who help the poor.
- SEED=faith - The fourth type of giving taught in the Bible is seed. Gorman shares a time in his life when he was going through a financial crisis. He was tithing. In prayer, the LORD spoke to him. “The tithe is not seed, and seed planting starts at 11% after the tithe.” The Bible speaks of this type of giving as offerings. Of the four types of giving taught in the bible, this is the only one which involves giving money to God. The tithe is the LORD’S ---IT’S ALREADY His property before you give it to Him. The firstfruits belong to Him. Alms is voluntary on our part, but we are not giving it to Him. When we plant financial seed, you are “offering” God something that is ours…. Get rid of the welfare mentality which causes people to think that God owes them a financial blessing just because they have a need. God gives seed to the sower. He doesn’t say that He gives seed to the needy, the poor, the widow, the orphan, or even the righteous. He gives seed to the sower.
“Why? Because He doesn’t want the seed to be wasted. He knows that only a sower would use the seed properly. If we want God to put seed into our hand, we must develop the heart of a sower. We become a sower in our heart because we ever sow with our hand.” (M.G.)
“God says He will reward the tither by doing two things: He will open the windows of Heaven to pour out a blessing which is more than you can hold and He will rebuke the devourer for your sake.”
For the giving of firstfruits, the reward is that our barns will be filled to overflowing, and our vats will brim over with new wine.
The reward for giving alms is Prov. 19:17: He who has pity on the poor lends to the LORD, and He will pay back what he has given. (You will be reimbursed.)
Seed gives the greatest return of the four. How many apples do you get from an apple seed? There is no way to calculate that number, because the harvest goes on for year after year.” (End of quotes from, God’s Plan of Prosperity by Mark Gorman – I encourage you to read the book.)
When we are faithful to do all that is written, then our Faith is the title deed, or right to take possession of what we have hoped for. God has given us authority to apprehend, call in, declare and proclaim our financial benefits.
We always give the LORD our best. We do not give him what we don’t want or casting off. God gave His only begotten son as a sin offering for all who will receive him. We have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all. (Heb. 10:10).
Lev. 22:19-21: You shall offer of your own free will a male without blemish from the cattle, from the sheep, or from the goats. Whatever has a defect, you shall not offer, for it shall not be acceptable on your behalf. Whoever offers a sacrifice of a peace offering to the LORD, to fulfill his vow, or a freewill offering from the cattle or the sheep, it must be perfect to be accepted; there shall be no defect in it.
Psa. 37:25: I have been young, and now am old; yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his descendants begging for bread.
Remember the LORD told me to speak and declare prosperity and financial blessing to His people (2011). That was ten years ago. This is our authority over money. If you are tithing, giving first fruit increases, giving alms and sowing seed, then the authority is yours.
3 John 1:2: Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers.
Carolyn Sissom, Pastor
Eastgate Ministries Church
Scripture from K.J.V. (unless otherwise noted.) I entered into the labors of Mark Gorman, The Prosperity of God as noted by parenthesis; “Money” by Pastor Carolyn Sissom 10/21/2018; The Vision and The Vision and Beyond by David Wilkerson; Comments and conclusions are my own and not meant to reflect the views of those who I entered into their labors.