TEN PLAGUE JUDGMENT ON THE gods of EGYPT
TEN PLAGUE JUDGMENT ON THE gods of EGYPT
Tuesday Morning Bible Study
April 7, 2020
The Ten plagues in Exodus 7-11 were signs and wonders which God used to bring out His people/armies from the bondage of Egypt which translates in the 21st century to the bondage of the world system.
These are called GREAT JUDGMENTS and parallel the GREAT JUDGMENTS of the book of Revelation. These judgments speak of those great acts of God which are bringing and will bring God’s people into glorious liberty.
Ex. 7:4: Pharaoh shall not hearken unto you, that I may lay my hand upon Egypt, and bring forth my armies, and my people the children of Israel, out of the land of Egypt by great judgments.
There are ten parallels with the book of Revelation:
1. God will send two witnesses to work miracles (Rev. 11: 7-6).
2. The enemies of God will also work miracles (Rev. 13: 13-15).
3. God will protect His people in the hour of trial (Rev. 7:4; 12: 6-16)
4. Water will again be turned into blood (Rev. 8:8; 16: 4-5)
5. Frogs will appear (Rev. 16:13)
6. A plague of “locusts” shall be sent (Rev. 9: 1-11).
7. God will send boils and blains (Rev. 16:2).
8. Terrible hail-stones shall descend (Rev. 8:7)
9. There shall be awful darkness (Isa. 60: 1-2; Rev. 16:10)
10. Death will consume multitudes (Rev. 9:15).
The first three plagues of Egypt fell on the children of Israel as well as on the Egyptians. After this, God kept his own walking in an immunity.
The first three touched the comfort of the Egyptians. The second three brought judgment to the possessions of the Egyptians. The third three brought desolation and death. The tenth plague is unique and stands by itself. I tend to believe it has to do with the first born of man and animal are holy unto the LORD. The Lord smote that which was not dedicated to him.
The Corona Virus Plague advanced through touching our comfort, our possessions/economy and desolation (loss of jobs) and death in one plague.
Exo 7:9When Pharaoh speaks to you, saying, ‘Show a miracle for yourselves,’ then you shall say to Aaron, ‘Take your rod and cast it before Pharaoh, and let it become a serpent. So, Moses and Aaron went in to Pharaoh, and they did so, just as the LORD commanded. And Aaron cast down his rod before Pharaoh and before his servants, and it became a serpent.
But Pharaoh also called the wise men and the sorcerers; so, the magicians of Egypt, they also did in like manner with their enchantments.
For every man threw down his rod, and they became serpents. But Aaron’s rod swallowed up their rods.
And Pharaoh’s heart grew hard, and he did not heed them, as the LORD had said.
The magicians duplicated the miracle of the rod by the power of Satan. This reveals the present supernatural confrontation between the Son of God and the son of Satan. God’s rod (authority of Kingdom government) swallowed up the rods of the magicians. I believe the spirit of the magicians is operating within the Task Force to deceive President Trump.
The plagues were a judgment of God upon the gods of Egypt.
Num 33:4he Egyptians buried all their firstborn, which the LORD had smitten among them: Also, upon their gods the LORD executed judgments.
Exo 12:12: For I will pass through the land of Egypt this night, and will smite all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both man and beast; and against all the gods of Egypt I will execute judgment: I am the LORD.
The plagues of Egypt were ten in number. Ten is the number of testing. There was a warning given before the first and the second plague; but with the third in each series no warning is given. There is no warning given before the 3rd, 6th, and 9th plague.
1. The waters of the Nile were turned into blood. The bloody water was against the god Nilus, a river god. (now Hapi, the giver of life, and Osiris, the god of fertility. (Exodus 7: 14-25)
Exo 7:19The LORD spoke to Moses, “Say to Aaron, ‘Take your rod and stretch out your hand over the waters of Egypt, over their streams, over their rivers, over their ponds, and over all their pools of water, that they may become blood. And there shall be blood throughout all the land of Egypt, both in buckets of wood and pitchers of stone.’”
We can contrast this first plague with the first miracle of Jesus as He turned the water into wine (the old covenant of death, the New Covenant of life). The magicians duplicated this miracle, but could not reverse the condition (but rather created more death). The spirit of the magicians are speaking multiplication of death over the nation.
There were seven days between the first and second plague. The magicians were unable to remove the frogs. All they could do was to bring forth more frogs. Satan cannot exterminate uncleanness, but only multiply wickedness.
2. The frogs were against Hekt, the goddess of reproduction (form of the goddess Hethor). She was represented in the form of a frog. She is identified with Hecate, the Greek goddess of witchcraft. She was the goddess of the last moments of birth. We can identify her with the unclean spirits like frogs coming out of the mouth of the dragon, beast and false prophet. The frog judgements are identified with unclean spirits. This identifies with the blood sacrifice of aborting babies (Exodus 8: 1-5).
The third judgment descended without any warning. There was “lice in man.” The magicians could not duplicate this miracle and declared that this was the FINGER OF GOD (Ex. 8:19).
Luke 11:20But if I with the finger of God cast out devils, no doubt the kingdom of God is come upon you.
3. The lice (mosquito-gnats) were against Geb, their god of the earth. He had a viper around his head and was thus also considered the father of snakes. It was believed in ancient Egypt that Geb's laughter created earthquakes and that he allowed crops to grow. (Also, against Isis, the wife of Isiris). The lice reveal the uncleanness and the filth of the world.
4. The flies were against Khephera, the ancient beetle. The swarms of flies were a mixture of insects. God put a division between His people and the people of Egypt (8:23). The word of the Lord from the mouth of Moses removed the swarms of flies. The swarm of flies speak of the sons of Beelzebub (Satan).
5. The Murrain (Disease) was against Ptah (Apis), the god of Memphis, represented as a bull, and against Hathor, the sacred cow (also gods represented by the goat and the ram). This was a destroying pestilence plague against all livestock.
6. The boils were against Typhon, the evil principle (or the evil eye god). Moses took the ashes of the furnace; that is, one of the altars on which human sacrifices were offered to Typhon. Wikipedia describes Typhon as a serpentine giant reaching from earth to the stars. He is described as the god of war and the god of storms. We have been praying about the god of war having to do with the dragon spirit in China. The antichrist will worship the god of fortresses (Daniel 11: 38-39) i.e. the god of war. The boils describe the condition of the worldly. The magicians could not stand before Moses because of the boils.
Exodus 9:10: with blains upon man, and upon beast. took ashes of the furnace, and stood before Pharaoh; and Moses sprinkled it up toward heaven; and it became a boil breaking forth
7. The hail was against Shu, the god of the atmosphere. God raised up Pharaoh h to show in him His power.
Exo 9:14For I will at this time send all my plagues upon your heart, and upon your servants, and upon your people; that you may know that there is none like me in all the earth. For now, I will stretch out my hand, that I may smite you and your people with pestilence; and you shall be cut off from the earth. For this cause have I raised you up, to show in you my power; and that my name may be declared throughout all the earth. Tomorrow about this time I will cause it to rain a very grievous hail, such as has not been in Egypt since the foundation thereof even until now. Send and gather your cattle, and all that you have in the field; for upon every man and beast which shall be found in the field, and shall not be brought home, the hail shall come down upon them, and they shall die.
The plague is now grievous. Here we see the wrath of the Lord (Rev. 8:7; 16:21). This fell upon man and beast who remained in the field (world). Those who feared the Word of the Lord ran to their houses. This electric storm (fire and hail) included mighty thunderings. The “mighty thunderings” translates literally to “voices of Elohim.” We can compare this with the seven thunders of Revelation.
Psa. 105:32He gave them hail for rain, and flaming fire in their land
8. The locusts were against Serapis, protector from locusts. This also reveals God’s wrath. The East Wind brought the locusts (Job. 1:19). The locusts in judgment devoured the green things (Life) (10:15). The West wind took away the locusts. The locusts perished in the Red Sea as would the armies of Pharaoh.
9. The darkness was against Ra, the sun god (hawk). God is Light (1 Jn. 1:5). Darkness is the withdrawal of light. Egypt was now abandoned by God. Northing remained but death itself. This darkness continued for three days (the number of completeness). This revealed the full manifestation of God’s withdrawal. But Israel had light in their dwellings.
10. The death of the firstborn of man and beast was directed against Ptah, the god of life, and all the gods of Egypt. Disease, desolation, and darkness had visited Pharaoh’s land. Now death itself was to do its work. After this, Pharaoh would thrust out the nation of Israel. God’s people were told to “borrow” jewels of gold and jewels of silver. This is the Hebrew word “Sha’Al” which means to inquire, request, demand, petition. This constituted 400 years of back wages. The principle of Joel 2:25 and the truth that God’s people will receive wealth and plenty.
And the floors shall be full of wheat, and the fats shall overflow with wine and oil. I will restore to you the years that the locust have eaten, the cankerworm, and the caterpillar, and the palmerworm, my great army which I sent among you
This tenth and final judgment took place at midnight, which speaks of the time of overlap of two ages. Just as God stopped the mouth of the lions for Daniel, He now causes every dog to be silent. The bark of the dogs will not be heard in the Passover.
Exo 11:7‘But against none of the children of Israel shall a dog move its tongue, against man or beast, that you may know that the LORD does make a difference between the Egyptians and Israel.’
Mike Thompson has been given three messages from God regarding dogs of hell:
“In 2016, an angel told me that three dogs of hell had been released against Donald Trump. He called them false witness, hatred and murder.
On March 21st of this year, The Lord told me that Satan was using the Dragon from the East to attack the body of Christ and revival in the earth.
On April 2nd of this year, I saw a vision of the Dragon from the East rising up from China to attack the world. As the Dragon of the East went forth, the three dogs of hell ran with him. Nancy Pelosi held on to the dogs of hell as a political opportunity to come against President Trump, and God's purposes for America.” Mike
Mat 7:6“Do not give what is holy to the dogs; nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces.
Phl 3:2Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the mutilation!
The word for “dog” in the New Testament is “Kyon” and means, a man of impure mind, an impudent man
Psa. 22:20Deliver my soul from the sword; my darling from the power of the dog.
The word for “dog” in the Old Testament is “keleb.” This means dog (literal. (2) contempt or abasement; (3) of pagan sacrifice; (4) of male cult prostitute.
Psa. 59:5O LORD God of hosts, the God of Israel, awake to visit all the heathen: be not merciful to any wicked transgressors. Selah. They return at evening: they make a noise like a dog, and go around and about the city. They belch out with their mouth: swords are in their lips: for who, say they, does hear? But you, O LORD, shalt laugh at them; thou shalt have all the heathen in derision.
The religion of Egypt was polytheistic. Each tribe had its own god and represented each god by an animal. The Pharaohs were also deified which explains why Moses was to Pharaoh as a god.
Exo 7:1And the LORD said unto Moses, See, I have made you a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron your brother shall be your prophet.
Moses was not made God, but in the ignorance of Pharaoh’s understanding of the supernatural, Moses appeared to him to be a god like all Pharaoh’s other gods.
It is my prayer during this time of the Coronavirus which is a world-wide plague and is bringing death to all nations, that the world-system will repent and not continue to harden their heart toward God with the spirit of Pharaoh. All of the above gods have become gods in the United States as well as the world. God is a just God. His work is redemption. In order to brings justice, He must bring judgment. My cry, Lord God have mercy and cover us with the Blood of Jesus Christ.
Carolyn Sissom, Pastor
Eastgate Ministries Church
Scripture from K.J.V. and N.K.J.V. I entered into the Principles of Present Truth on Exodus by Kelly Varner. Comments and conclusions are my own and not meant to reflect the views of Bro. Varner. When I get to heaven, I hope he forgives me for any mistake in interpretation I make. Quotes from Prophet Mike Thompson as noted.