JEREMIAH - CHAPTER 52 - JUDGMENT UNTO VICTORY
JEREMIAH – CHAPTER 52 (2021)
JUDGMENT UNTO VICTORY
Tuesday Morning Bible Study
November 16, 2021;
This book closes with its major theme: RESTORATION FOLLOWING JUDGMENT, OR JUDGMENT UNTO VICTORY!
Mt. 12:20: A bruised reed shall he not break, and smoking flax shall he not quench, until he sends forth judgment unto victory.
All of us who know the Word of God and the ways of God know that the United States as well as the nations of the world are under judgment. Van Tanner in his book on The Seven Thunders of God has insight into the third Woe poured out by the Seventh angel within the Seventh Trumpet.
Rev. 16:18-21: The seventh angel poured out his vial into the air; and there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, it is done. And there were voices and thunders, and lightnings; and there was a great earthquake, such as was not since men were upon the earth, so mighty an earthquake, and so great. And the great city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell: and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath. And every island fled away, and the mountains were not found. And there fell upon men a great hail out of heaven, every stone about the weight of a talent; and men blasphemed God because of the plague of the hail; for the plague thereof was exceeding great.
“He uses a ‘talent” to describe the weight of the hail that brings perfection. A talent is ninety-three pounds! That should take care of anyone who needs wrath. Talent is a play on words to show that the spiritual pouring out will mostly be through mammon (not ninety-three-pound ice cubes). Expect a world collapse.” (End of quote by: Van Tanner, Seven Thunders of God, Kingdom of Heaven Ministries – Pg. 83.)
“One has to look no further than Austria, Australia and the United States to see that world leaders are using the fear messaging of COVID 19 to bring entire populations under tyrannical control. Ministry sources in Australia report the government has dictated a “no jab, no job” policy, with a $21,000 fine for individuals and a $110,000 fine for a church or business. Shopping or eating out without being vaccinated is banned. The vaccinated must use an app to check in wherever they go so the government can track movement, purchases and spending. Churches and businesses are to report violations. Parliamentarians who are not vaccinated are prohibited from voting, effectively removing dissent” (Bill Wilson, The Daily jot).
As we have faithfully fulfilled our commission to teach the Book of Jeremiah, we have seen the Lord’s dealings with the nations’ sins. Time after time, even up until the very last day, the Lord continues to give grace t to repent and turn back to Him.
This final chapter is an appendix that rehearses the fall of the city of Jerusalem. It is largely a repetition of 11 Kings 24-25 which describes Zedekiah’s reign and his rebellion. The siege lasted more than 18-months. Jerusalem was burned in 586 B.C. Nebuzaradan was Nebuchadnezzar’s field general. The booty taken from the Temple is described (52: 17-23), together with the death of some Temple priests at Riblah (24-27). Three deportations are enumerated (28-30) totaling 4,600 persons and are apparently connected with Jehoiachin’s exile in 597 B.C.
In verse 24, the captain of the guard took Seraiah, the chief priest, Zephaniah the second priest and the three doorkeepers…
Seraiah though captive is fulfilling his destiny. Jeremiah has entrusted to him the book of the perpetual judgment of Babylon until they accepted the Messiah as their Savior. His assignment was to take the prophecy against Babylon, bring it onto Babylonian soil, read it on Babylonian soil and cast it into the Euphrates thus affecting the source of life-giving waters to the nation.
It is vitally important to bring a life-giving word into a region. Seraiah’s task of reading Jeremiah’s book of prophecy to Babylon was not an effort in futility. The Word was “loosed” upon Babylon and it could not be retracted. It was non-debatable. In our lands of many opinions, this trust must be heralded---the true prophet does not care about differing opinions or man’s comments---the true prophet does not open up his message for discussion or solicit comments---the true prophet speaks his words exactly as God gave them, where God says speak them, and to whom God addresses, with no regard to his own comfort (Jer. 51: 59-61).
Our focus today is on the release and the restoration of King Jehoiachin out of the prison in Babylon. This again is the theme of the whole book. JUDGMENT UNTO VICTORY! It points ahead to the Restoration of Judah after the captivity in Babylon, the Restoration of the Church after the captivity of the dark ages, the restoration of the creation after the “captivity” of the bondage and futility of the curse and the Restoration of the Redeemed of the Saints of God as we face these days of judgment upon the earth.
Kelly Varner has a teaching on the Seven Marvels of God’s Grace. I don’t have his tape on this, but did find some study notes in Principles of Present Truth from Jeremiah:
Jeremiah 52: 31-34: And it came to pass in the 37th year of the captivity of Jehoiachin King of Judah, in the 12th month, on the 25th day of the month, that Evil-Merodach king of Babylon in the first year of his reign lifted up the head of Jehoiachin king of Judah, and brought him forth out of prison. He spoke kindly unto him and set his throne above the throne of the kings that were with him in Babylon. He changed his prison garments: and he did continually eat bread before him all the days of his life. For his diet, there was a continual diet given him of the king of Babylon, every day a portion until the day of his death, all the days of his life.”
History records that Evil-Merodach (Amel-Marduk) ruled as the regent of Babylon during the time of his father’s chastisement before the Lord (Daniel 4: 29-37). The prince enacted legislation during his time, which, following Nebuchadnezzar’s restoration to the throne, angered his father. He was not the oldest son at the time of his appointment as crown prince and heir. The King cast his own son into prison perhaps because Merodach attempted to take the throne while his father was still alive. The altercation resulted in Merodach being cast into prison to share the place of confinement with Jehoiachin, king of Judah! When Nebuchadnezzar died and the time came for Evil-Merodach to be brought out of prison to reign, the new king brought out his friend and yokefellow to share the glory of his throne.
The Lord Jesus has done the same for His Church!
This is a type of the prison of our infirmity, and His Grace has delivered us from our prison to share His Glory.
We have been delivered from:
1. A PRISON MENTALITY – “He lifted up the head of Jehoiachin.” Psa. 2:3: But you O Lord are a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of my head. 1 Sam. 2:8: He raises up the poor out of the dust, and lifts up the beggar from the dunghill, to set them among princes, and to make them inherit the throne of glory: for the pillars of the earth are the Lord’s and he has set the world upon them. HE HAS GIVEN US A NEW MIND.
2. A PRISON LANGUAGE – “And spoke kindly (good things) unto him”. Jn. 8: 11-12: Jesus said unto her, “Neither do I condemn thee; go and sin no more. Then spoke Jesus again unto them sayings, I am the light of the world: he that follows me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.” HE HAS GIVEN US A NEW TONGUE.
3. A PRISON POSITION – “and set his throne above the throne of the kings.” Eph. 2:6: and has raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus. Rev. 3:21: To him that overcomes will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne. HE HAS GIVEN US A NEW PLACE.
- A PRISON GARMENT – “and changed his prison garments” (odor of sin) Jn. 15:3: Now you are clean through the Word which I have spoken unto you. Eph. 5:25-27: That he might sanctify and cleans the church with the washing of water by the word, that he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
Isa. 52: 1-3: Awake, awake; put on your strength, O Zion; put on your beautiful garments, O Jerusalem, the holy city: for henceforth there shall no more come into you the uncircumcised and the unclean. Shake yourself from the dust; arise, and sit down, O Jerusalem; loose yourself from the bands of your neck, O captive daughter of Zion. You have sold yourselves for naught; and you shall be redeemed without money.” HE WILL GIVE US NEW GARMENTS.
- A PRISON DIET – “he did continually eat bread.” Mt. 6:11: Give us this day our daily bread. Phil. 4:19: but my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.” HE WILL GIVE US A NEW TABLE.
- A PRISON ALLOWANCE – “a continual diet given him of the king:” Heb. 13:5: Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as you have; for he has said, I will never leave you, nor forsake you. 2 Cor. 12:9: And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for you; for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Mt. 28:20: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you; and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen! HE WILL GIVE US NEW PROVISION.
- A PRISON UNCERTAINITY – “every day a portion until” Psa. 125:1: They that trust in the Lord shall be as mount Zion, which cannot be removed, but abides forever. Heb. 12: 26-29: Whose voice then shook the earth; but now he has promised, saying, “Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven. And this word, yet once more signifies the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain. Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and fear. For our god is a consuming fire. HE WILL GIVE US NEW FAITH!
Jehoiachin means “Jehovah will establish, appoint, set upright.”
Jeremiah presided over the fall of Jerusalem and preached to the nation of Israel one message: Repent or face the judgment of the wrath of God. The governmental and religious leaders exercised no spiritual discernment and sided with everyone but Jeremiah.
“The Book of Revelation brings the final judgment on the world system, but it also brings ultimate victory. Christ will be Lord of all, and we will reign with Him. God has always been a God of grace, and He finishes with grace. Even those who came to Christ out of fear will be allowed another chance. One thousand years may seem unfair, compared to the generations that proceeded the last generation, but this is not true. Without a tempter like Satan, these redeemed will not be fully tested until the final test. It is tribulation that brings strength of relationship with Christ. these will not have tribulation because there will be no more tears or suffering.” Van Tanner the Seven Thunders of God.
Taught by: Carolyn Sissom
Scripture from KJV with quotes from Van Tanner and The Seven Thunders of God and text from Principles of Present Truth from: Jeremiah by: Kelly Varner; the Road to Captivity by Dr. C. R. Oliver; quote from Bill Wilson, The Daily Jot.