THE WILLING HEART
THE WILLING HEART
Taught by: Carolyn Sissom
Sunday, May 3, 2008
Exodus 35: 4b-5: “This is the thing which the Lord commanded, saying ‘Take ye from among you an offering unto the Lord: whosoever is of a willing heart, let him bring it an offering of the Lord;”
(Verse 10-19): “And every wise hearted among you shall come, and make all that the Lord has commanded; The tabernacle, his tent, and his covering, his taches, and his boards, his bars, his pillars, and his sockets, the ark and the staves thereof, with the mercy seat, and the veil of the covering, the table, and his staves and all his vessels, and the Shewbread, the candlestick also for the light, and this furniture, and his lamps, with the oil for the light, and the incense altar, and his staves, and the anointing oil, and the sweet incense, and the hanging for the door of the court, the pins of the tabernacle, and the pins of the court, and their cords, The cloths of service, to do service in the holy place, the holy garments for Aaron the priest, and the garments of his sons, to minister in the priest’s office.
(Verse 21) “And they came, every one whose heart stirred him up, and every one whom his spirit made willing, and they brought the Lord’s offering to the work of the tabernacle of the congregation, and for all his service, and for the holy garments. And they came both men and women as many as were willing hearted... (Verse 25)And all the women that were wise hearted did spin with their hands… (Verse 26)And all the women whose heart stirred them up in wisdom spun goats’ hair.(Verse 29) And the children of Israel brought a willing offering unto the Lord, every man and woman whose heart made them willing to bring all manner of work, which the Lord had commanded to be made by the hand of Moses. (Verses 30-31) And Moses said unto the children of Israel, See, the Lord has called by name Bezaleel the son of Uri, the son of Hur, of the tribe of Judah; and he has filled him with the spirit of God, in wisdom, in understanding, and in knowledge, and in all manner of workmanship.(Verse 34) And he has put in his heart that he may teach, both he and Aholiab, the son of Ahisamach, of the tribe of Dan. Them has he filled with wisdom of heart to work all manner of work.
The materials for the Tabernacle were given willingly. This was a creative work anointed of God and guided by the Holy Spirit of God. Notice He filled Bezaleel with the Spirit of God. He had the Gifts of the Holy Ghost of Wisdom, Understanding and Knowledge. Also, the Holy Ghost gave him the Gift of all manner of workmanship.
Bezaleel was a man called and chosen by God. His names means “in the shadow or image of God”):
- He is a type of the Holy Spirit or Sons of God made in the image of Jesus Christ of Nazareth. The Firstborn Son.
- He is of the tribe of Judah (Praise)
- The son of Uri (“light or fiery” – divine energy). We all need that Gift.
Aholiab means “tent of my father”:
1. He too is a type of Jesus Christ.
This is also a type of the five-fold ministry of Eph. 4:11, or in a greater sense the 100-fold blessing. This corresponds to the 42nd generation of Matthew 1. This is the seed of Isaiah 53:10 (“Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he has put him to grief; when you shall make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed.) Which prolongs the days of Jesus by fully revealing His image, nature, and power to the earth?
2. He is of the tribe of Dan (“he that judges”)
3. The son of Ahisamach (“brother of support”)
Judah is the first tribe and Dan the last tribe. All these types are appointed and anointed to create God’s abode; these creative ministries could also be termed as Father Ministries.
Characteristics of those workers submitted under God’s appointed workmen. Much of Bezaleel and Aholiab ministry was teaching. (Ex. 35:34)
- They were stirred up to work (Ex. 35:21, 26; 36:2) “And Moses called Bezaleel and Aholiab, and every wise hearted man, in whose heart the Lord had put wisdom, even every one whose heart stirred him up to come unto the work to do it;”
- They were taught by Bezaleel and Aholiab (Ex. 35:34; 11 Tim. 2:15) “Study to show yourself approved unto God, a workman that needs not to be ashamed, righting dividing the word of truth.”
- They were endowed (revelation) with Divine Wisdom (Ex. 35:35: 36:1; Js. 3:17):”But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, an easy to be entreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.”
- Wrought willingly and motivated by Love (Ex. 35:5. 21. 22. 29; 11 Cor. 5: 14-15)
- Wrought according to the Pattern (no plans or agenda of their own) (Ex. 36:3) “And they received of Moses all the offering, which the children of Israel had brought for the work of the service of the sanctuary, to make it withal. And they brought yet unto him free offerings every morning. And all the wise men, that wrought all the work of the sanctuary, came every man from his work which they made.”
- Went to the Mediator Moses (Christ) for all their material (Ex. 36:1)
- Brought completed work to Moses for approval; (Ex. 30: 33-43)
- Blessed by Moses for their obedience.
It took 9 months to bring the work of building the Tabernacle to completion:
- The body of Jesus Christ in the womb of Mary. (Heb. 10:5-8; Lk. 1:30-38)
- The complete formation of the man child (Rev. 12: 1-5)
Define the word “type” – a foreshadowing; that which takes place in a natural realm pointing to the antitype (substance; reality) of the spiritual realm.
A Tabernacle is a dwelling-place, building, sanctuary, house, structure. The need for the Tabernacle is so that:
1. God might dwell among His people.
2. God might teach His people of His Holiness
3. God might teach His people how to approach him through Sacrifice.
The one outstanding factor that made this Tabernacle different from the heathen temples of other nations was the Presence of God, the Shekinah Glory of His presence in the Cloud and Fire.
Every house increases in glory:
- God walked win the Garden with Adam
- Visited the Patriarchs
- The Tabernacle of Moses
- The Tabernacle of David
- The Tabernacle of Solomon
- The restored Temple after the Babylonian Captivity
- Herod’s Temple until Jesus (the glory of it) departed.
- Christ the tabernacle (John 1:14)
- The Church, the Body of Christ
- Completed House of the Lord (Ezek. 40-48; Rev. 21-22) – Return to Eden
Rev. 15:5: and after that I looked, and behold, the temple of the tabernacle of the testimony in heaven was opened.”
Rev. 21:3: “And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.”
The Tabernacle of Moses originated in the Mind and Planning of God:
- God gave the divine blueprint, pattern, order to his man.
- His man gave this divine order to his people (Teaching role of Pastor). A Pastor better be a teacher or they are not qualified to pastor.
- God is a God of principle and we are a people of principle.
- God will honor and bless with His Presence His own Program and Way (method) of doing to accomplish His purposes (Ps. 127:1; The Pattern revealed the 12 gates of Nehemiah. The greatest hindrance to the gospel are the traditions of Men (Mk. 7:13)
- This Divine pattern carries to the book of Revelation – altar (6:9) laver (4:6), candlestick (1:12), golden altar (8:3), and Ark (11:19.
- This revelation of this Divine pattern given by God begins with the Ark and moves toward man in the place outside the Gate.
- The Revelation of this Divine pattern apprehended by man begins outside the Gate and moves toward God and the Ark (God’s throne.)
Some of the materials used and described in Chapters 35 and 36 were: These were the materials used by those who had wisdom and understanding:
- Brass – judgment, strength, or the Holy Spirit
- Silver – redemption – the atonement through Christ’s blood.
- Gold – deity, divine nature, the glory of God.
- Precious Stones – various gifts and attributes of the Holy Ghost, the glories of the saints, the preciousness of God’s own people.
- Shittim wood – human nature of Chris the Head and Body
- Badgers’ Skins – protection, no beauty – Atonement- Jesus’ finished work.
- Ram’s skins dyed red – substitution, dedication – Red speaks of the suffering of Christ.
- Goats’ Hair – scape-goat, sin offering
- Fine Linen, and the colors blue, purple, scarlet
- Oil – Holy Ghost – light and anointing
- Spices for the anointing Oil – aspects of the anointing.
- Spices for the incense – aspects of prayer and praise.
Each of these are a study unto itself. When everything had been completed according to the order that Gove gave to Moses, then and only then a cloud of Glory covered the tent and the Glory of the Lord filled the Tabernacle.
40:34-35) When Moses set up the hanging of the court gate, the work was finished, then a cloud covered the tent of the congregation, because the cloud abode thereon, and the glory of the Lord filled the tabernacle. And when the cloud was taken up from over the tabernacle the children of Israel went onward in all their journeys: But if the cloud were not taken up, then they journeyed not till th4 day that it was taken up. For the cloud of the Lord was upon the tabernacle by day, and fire was on it by night, in the sight of all the house of Israel, throughout all their journeys.
There is no way to every complete the study Exodus short of writing many books. For now, we will move on to another study after Mother’s Day.
Carolyn Sissom, Pastor
Eastgate Ministries, Inc.
We stream our messages weekly
Scripture quotes are from KJV and text is from Principles of Present Truth. And The Tabernacle of Moses.